•THE BEGINNING• 2012-2014
2012 was the year THE CURSE OFMILLHAVEN was formed in the trenches around Ypres (Belgium). THE CURSE OFMILLHAVENplayed its first ever gig, by joining ABORTED on the Belgian date of the ‘GOREMAGEDDON - 10 YEARS ANNIVERSARY’-tour.
•VESTIBULE OF HELL• 2014
Early 2014 the band entered CCR STUDIO in Zulte (BE) to record a total of 10 songs, containing different stories about the 9 layers of hell by Dante Alighieri. The full length was mixed and mastered by Kris Belaen at CCR studios as well. In July 2014,a videoclip was released for the song SIMONY. A bunch of shows and festivals were played for the release of ‘Vestibule of Hell’, containing the sold out CD-Release show, Ieperfest 2014, support for Vital Remains and Evil or Die fest 2016.
Early 2017,THE CURSE OFMILLHAVEN entered HEARSE STUDIO in Heule (BE), to start recording ‘Plagues’. Mastering was done by Wojtek Wieslawski at HERTZ STUDIO in Poland. During the promotion of this new EP new videoclips were released for the songs ’BLACK DEATH’ and the title track ‘PLAGUES’.“Plagues” was the culmination of everything the Ypres quintet have worked toward since their inception, pushing every aspect of their sound to the next level.
Nearly two years later the band completed the writing and recording process of 10 brand new songs. This new album, entitled ‘THRESHOLDS’ contains a much darker and more agressive sound, ready to reach a new audience and bring THE CURSE OFMILLHAVEN to another level!
- Melodicly fast riffs and destructive blastbeats is what to expect when listening to this outfit
- Performed at ANTWERP METAL FEST '18, IEPERFEST ‘14 and '17, Evil or Die-fest ’16,
- Supported bands as ABORTED, MISERY INDEX, SUFFOCATION, CARNIFEX, HATEBREED, VITAL REMAINS, LEGION OF THE DAMNED...
- WINNER of the ANTWERP METAL FEST contest '17
- FINALIST Belgian Wacken Open Air contest '19