Mirias is a Belgian solo artist based in Antwerp. She is a singer and pianist, who also plays the bass guitar occasionally. As Mirias, she makes dreamy indie rock.
She started out as the front lady of a rock band, over five years ago. However, in 2020 the time was right to explore some new ideas and start a solo project: Mirias was born. For her songs, she draws inspiration from myth and legend, creating alternative music that aims to briefly transport the listener to another world.
For her second single, Mirias again chose to work with The Tapelab. Don't Look Back premiered on music website Luminous Dash on June 17, 2021. The song was released a week later on Spotify and all other major streaming platforms, and is also available on Bandcamp.
Mirias is currently working on her first EP.
Praise for Mirias
- "Mirias is slowly turning people’s heads. Using melancholic lyricism over haunting melodies, the songstress can hypnotise you with her music. (...) It is impossible (...) to compare the sound as Mirias is entirely original. (...) A truly enchanting track with an ethereal ambience." - The Other Side Reviews
"A warm, sensual and mysterious vocal timbre, a unique and immediately recognizable voice that distinguishes the general sound of this artist." - Edgar Allan Poets
"A talented artist [whose] strong character is felt in this song" - Indie Dock Music Blog
- "Dreamy, bittersweet indie rock (...). A song of hope, beautifully performed musically and vocally." - Luminous Dash
- "As with her debut single, this song has a melancholic undertone stemming from the dark in Mirias' voice. (...) Clever, warm, dreamy musical arrangements (...) and Mirias' voice grabs hold of you. (...) A talent to watch." - Luminous Dash
- "One of those singers whose voice you immediately recognize." - Musiczine
- Mirias talks about her second release Don't Look Back with Rising Artists Music Blog: full interview here.
- Antwerp (BE)
Toetsen - Gitaar - Stem
Je moet ingelogd zijn om Mirias te kunnen contacteren.