Boi Wonder is a twosome, producing pop songs for the moody and the tenderhearted. The tracks share an edgy, almost alarming vibe, scrubbed with piercing 808’s, floaty ad libs and anxious steel drums. Think: Mount Kimbie, Burial or James Blake.
All music is written and recorded by Maxiem Charlier and Jelle Lisson in recording studio And If, at the majestic beguinage of Sint-Truiden. On stage, Boi Wonder metamorphoses into a live band, with vocals by Stijn Gielen (Johnny Berlin) and drums by Jan Haspeslagh (Ozark Henry).
First two singles ‘Living Room’ (released October 29, 2018) and ‘Whispers’ (July 12, 2019) were immediately picked up by Belgium’s national radio station, Radio 1. Single 'I Like You' (November 15, 2019) has hit the playlists of Radio 1, Bruzz and Stubru.
In March 2020, a debut album will be dropped by Pelican Fly, the Brussels-based label that paved the way for internationally renowned artists like Cashmere Cat, Lido, Sinjin Hawke and Canblaster.
- Poppunt.tv : Repetitiekot
- Fuzz Magazine: "There's a new wonderkid in town"
- Wonderland, Radio 1: "Eerste nummer ooit... En verdorie het blijft hangen!"
- Beehype: "A debut EP is currently being written. There are many reasons to look forward to spring: the longer days, the higher temperatures and so on. Boi Wonder definitely just added one more."
- Fuzz Magazine: “Whispers is net als Living Room een heerlijk dansbare trip”
- Dansende Beren: “Een lichtpunt in de nieuwe lichting van Belgische bands”
- Luminous Dash: "een muzikale bom ... met een drie op drie kunnen we stellen dat onze verwachtingen voor het komende album hoog zijn!"
- Fuzz Magazine: "Fuzz premiere - I Like You"
- Coming up: Red Bull Fresh on the Scene