Straightforward & pure indie songs about you, and everyone you know. For fans of: Eels, Beck, Father John Misty, Elliott Smith & Strand of Oaks.
GOOD TO KNOW
- opened sold out main stage at AB for Sophia
- sold out headline release show at STUK Labozaal
- threefold Apple Music Tip of the Week
- iTunes US Top 100
- picked up by StuBru, Radio 1, De Standaard, De Morgen, 3voor12, ...
- Belgian shows at Trix, 4AD, AB Club, Arenbergschouwburg, ...
- curated Spotify playlists like Discover Weekly, Release Radar, Fresh Folk, ...
- first Dutch tour in Mezz, Poppodium Hedon, Muziekgieterij, ..
- first German tour in Köln, Hamburg, Hannover, Berlin, ...
- campaign theme of 12-12 action by VRT, VTM & SBS
- airplay in series De Ridder on national tv channel één
- airplay in series Project Axel on national tv channel VIER
- editor's choice at Deezer Benelux
- picked up by Enola, Oorworm, DaMusic, Cutting Edge, IndieStyle, ...
- residency in STUK and De Brakke Grond
- recorded debut album this winter with Wouter Vlaeminck at GAM studios
- album release on Zealrecords September 29th 2017
- album mastered by John Davis (Nick Cave, U2, Led Zeppelin, ...)
'Indierock pure sang. Frontman Nico Kennes strikes a melancholic chord with his beautiful plunking' (Studio Brussel)
'This semi-acoustic indie band is warmhearted and decisive. Very good!' (3voor12)
'It’s melodical melancholy in the same vein as Sophia and Eels.' (De Standaard)
'Amazing. Losing Ground by Barely Autumn is a great song' (Radio 1)
'Emotional, straightforward, and raw' (Enola.be)
'Wonderful collection of melancholic and compelling songs' (OOR)
'Barely Autumn exposes narrative through raw-heart felt delivery' - John Murch, Radio Adelaide (Australia)
'Barely Autumn sounds like Wilco at their purest' (Indiestyle)