This translation is merely informational. The Dutch version will be the one and only official version and will prevail in case of conflict or confusion.
About these terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the websites poppunt.be, vi.be and all sub-sites, including but not limited to stoemplive.be, muzikantendag.be en playandproduce.be, hereinafter referred to as “the website”.
The website is owned, operated and hosted by Poppunt vzw, with registered office at Bloemenstraat 32, B - 1000 Brussels and company registration number 474.500.442.
Poppunt offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site – including but not limited to the newsletter – to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. By visiting our site, downloading and/or purchasing something from us or by entering into one of our contests, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions, including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These terms and conditions apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, scrapers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/or contributors of content.
You can review the most current version of the terms and conditions at any time at this page. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these terms and conditions by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes.
In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these terms and conditions, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
Information on the website
The information that we have put on this website is the result of careful research and analysis. However, we do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable. You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
Certain content, products and services available via our website may include materials from third-parties. Third-party links on this website may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the use of our services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The website and all information delivered to you through the website are provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall Poppunt, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the website or any service procured using the website, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the website or any service, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the website or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the website, even if advised of their possibility.
You are allowed to link to the homepage of the website. You are also allowed to deep-link to specific content on our website.
All texts, drawings, illustrations, pictures, films, sounds, video clips, images, data, content and/or framework of databases, software, trademarks, domain names, logo’s and other elements of the website are protected by intellectual property law and belong to Poppunt or third party suppliers. It’s prohibited to save, reproduce, adapt, divulge, distribute or transmit, in any way that’s contrary to any intellectual property laws, any information or content that’s being offered through this website, without the prior and explicit written permission of Poppunt. Furthermore all rights to the content or information on this website are limited to personal use, unless otherwise granted by these terms or by law.
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content:
- for any unlawful purpose; to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; to submit false or misleading information;
- to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the website or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; to collect or track the personal information of others; to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; for any obscene or immoral purpose; or to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the website or any related website, other websites, or the Internet;
- to use the website to post or transmit content for promotional or commercial purposes without the prior consent of Poppunt.
Poppunt wishes to respect the intellectual property rights to all content on the website. Therefore we have an agreement with the collecting society for author’s rights SABAM.
Following conditions apply:
- If you post content (audio, audio-visuals, photo’s, texts, etc.) on our website, you bear the full responsibility for acquiring all necessary permissions from the right holders (including but not limited to author’s rights, neighbouring rights and personality rights), even if you use content that’s been licensed with an open license like the Creative Commons licenses you will be the sole responsible to comply with the licenses’ terms.
- It will be your sole responsibility to get prior consent from everyone who has been involved in the recordings or the work that you want to post on the website (persons that have been involved in writing, composing or creation of the content, including but not limited to persons that have been portrayed in the work or parties that have acquired rights to the work after creation (e.g. labels, publishers, etc.).
- Without prejudice to our agreement with SABAM you grant us the free and undisturbed right to use all the content and recordings you post on the website and u will safeguard Poppunt for every form of liability regarding the use and re-use of this content.
- Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or doubts regarding the rights to your submissions.
- If you feel that your rights are being violated by any content that has been posted to our website, you can report this infringement by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We guarantee to give all complaints priority treatment and commit ourselves to removing the content if necessary.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site. You, or in case you are a minor, your parents or your legal guardian, are responsible for all actions on our website.
Poppunt tries to submit your content and information to prior research and inspection as much as possible. We reserve the right to refuse access to this website or it’s content to anyone for any reason at any time and to remove or to prevent all posts or uploads, without prior notice.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate account information at all times. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address, address and other relevant information. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Poppunt and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these terms and conditions or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
Poppunt can disclose your personal information to police and judicial authorities in case of an investigation regarding your actions on or with regard to our website.
These terms and conditions and any separate agreements whereby we provide you services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium and any dispute shall be finally resolved by the courts of the district of Brussels.